Thank you for playing along in our first visual-inspiration hunt/giveaway! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We applaud everyone who participated.
First up, here are the correct answers:
1. Church of Santa Maria e San Donato in Murano.
2. Basilica di San Marco or St. Mark's Basilica.
3. La Biennale di Venezia or The Biennale.
4. Ponte dei Sospiri or the Bridge of Sighs; it connects the Doge's Palace to the New Prison.
5. Museo del Vetro or the Glass Museum in Murano.
6. Four bridges cross the Grand Canal (any two were acceptable): Accademia, Calatrava or Costituzione, Rialto, or Scalzi.
Among the hundreds of you who submitted correct answers, one of you was randomly selected for the prize kit:
One Grand Canal quilt pattern (PDF),
One Grand Canal Fat Quarter bundle,
More than 6 yards of fabric to make the top and binding,
One of my colorful Aurifil"elements" thread kits – 2200 yd of 100% cotton thread, made in Italy!
Next up, would you like to see the quilt??
Here it is! It's called "Grand Canal" and uses all but 5 prints from the "Grand Canal" fabric collection I designed for Moda Fabrics. The pdf pattern is available in our online shop and I'm excited to announce that Moda will be offering this as a kit! Be sure to ask your local quilt shop about it.
Here are some glamour shots of the quilt at some famous spots in Venice ;)
And the Winner of the prize kit is:
Congratulations, Anne!! We'll be mailing your prize to you today.
Thank you all for playing!!
Quilt Market begins later this week, and I hope you'll enjoy following Moda Fabrics United Notions #ShowMeTheModa #ModaFabrics and Aurifil thread #Aurifil on social media live from Salt Lake City, UT.
Now. back to designing my next Christmas fabric collection!
See you again soon.