Ok, this really has to stop. I keep pinning lots of colorful and fun DIY projects on Pinterest, but never actually get around to trying any of them out. This might take a little time, but i'm aiming to make the following 6 items before summer's end (not necessarily in this order). How does that sound? Wanna make them with me?
1. Felted wool coasters. Too colorful not to make and will even look cute just sitting on a coffee table! I suppose they could also be used as trivets, though cleaning would be tricky.
Other links for this project:
• wool roving (check out "cornucopia" or mix n' match your fave colors)
(p.s.: check out Liz's beautiful felted nest pins)
2. Doodle dishes. There are so many possibilities for this project using porcelain ceramic markers. I'm not sure about their food-safeness so will probably try this on the outside of a coffee/tea mug. I researched the types of pen to use and these kept popping up. Will let you know how they worked :)
3. Shibori tie dyeing. I've wanted to try this from the very minute i spotted that awesome photo. Wouldn't that make a lovely set of cloth napkins??
4. Leaf-relief concrete bird bath. I decided to grow a tropical elephant ear bulb in a container this year and the leaves are so huge and beautiful and will work perfectly for this project.
5. Crayon color-blocked votive candles. Such a fun idea and i haven't bought a box of crayons in a long, long time.
6. Scarf curtains. This is on the list to give me a good excuse to go thrifting! I love the look and have a window that could use a pizzazzy makeover.
I'm so excited to get started! Will keep you posted.